Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Nutrament The Energy Drink Review


When I was at Sobeys perusing the energy drink section, I came across Nutrament, the Energy Drink. Yes, this does give you energy, but not the kind of energy the readers of this blog are interested in since there is no caffeine. I decided to try it anyways because sometimes I am just too lazy to eat and this can contains a lot nutrients.

Hmm, I don't even know where to start with this drink. It tastes just like white chocolate with vanilla. It feels too artificial, similar to vanilla protein powder. The drink is also way too sweet for me and the finish is very dry, which made me want to drink water after each gulp.

I don't think I will write all of the ingredients in the can, because there are way too many and I just don't feel like writing a long list, but check out the shot below. To summarize it - the drink is good. It has 16 g of protein, 51 g of carbs, 9.9 g of fats and plenty of other good stuff like calcium, zinc, iron and vitamins.


Is this really an energy drink? Well, I said there is no caffeine, or any active ingredients, but the healthy list of ingredients should give you a nutritional boost so you don't feel tired. It worked for a bit for me, but I had to supplement the drink with some water and tea, which may have been responsible for restoring some of my alertness. Why is this even in the energy drink section? You will get the same effect with all other nutritional supplement drinks found in the healthy isle. I guess inserting "The Energy Drink" wording really moves your product somewhere else.

Scores:
Cost - $2.79 for a 355 mL tin
Taste - 6/10

Overall - 6/10...meh, I would rather spend my money on a meal

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy drinking this but it costs way to much. Not worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is another one that came to the Canadian market not too long ago. I haven't had the chance to review it yet.

      Delete