Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Xyience Tangerine Energy Drink


This is another Xyience flavor I have been dying to try but it is just not available in Canada and I was not able to find it on my trips to the US. Fortunately, the guys at Energy Drink Heaven hooked me up again.

Taste

I wasn't expecting it, but this Xyience looks like an Orangina. I was expecting a semi-clear, light orange color, but this is so much more intense. The drink smells like orange creamsicle but tastes like an orange juice with a powerful sour bite and complimentary tangerine flavors. The creamsicle comes back and lingers around throughout the aftertaste leaving traces of vanilla at the back of your mouth.

This is more sour than expected, but keeps the creamsicle flavors under control and wakes you up.

Energy

There are the standard 176 mg of caffeine and they do their business fast. I was wide awake and focused within 15 minutes. The jitters were minimal and when the caffeine finally kicked in, I was ready to run. The energy is explosive, especially first thing in the morning since you have so much in your body. The kick lasted for 3-4 hours and ended without much drama. I felt just a tad tired, but some water helped perk me up.

Scores:
Cost - $48 for a case of 24 from Energy Drink Heaven
Taste - 8.9/10
Energy - 8.2/10

Overall - 17.1/20...refreshing and potent

No comments:

Post a Comment