Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Energy Catalyst Energy Mixer Review


This has to be one of the best packaged caffeinated products on the market. It comes in this nice white and green box that unfolds like a small booklet to reveal the additional 2 mixers. That's right, this little box contains 4 mixers. Inside the box you will find even more information about the product, but me, I was happy with what I found on the back.


Like any other mixer, I will put this one in a couple of my favorite morning beverages - tea and orange juice.

Tea

Like always, I made myself a strong cup of Earl Grey Royal and added one of the mixers to it. There was no change in the aroma, but the taste changed a little. The product does say that is flavor free, but the tea gained the unmistakable taste of a caffeine mixer. The tea is strong to begin with, but I was still able to taste the mixer. It was slightly bitter and bitter like the tea, but it had its own distinct bitter taste. The aftertaste was altered a little too. It too became just a touch bitter. Despite these changes to the taste and aftertaste, the tea was still drinkable and enjoyable.

Orange Juice

The energy catalyst had the same effect on the taste and aftertaste on the orange juice - made it slightly bitter. That is weird since some of the other mixers that I have had did not make the taste bitter. But the bitterness is not what one would expect, it is actually a little sweet. In combination with the orange taste, I thought that the bitterness was similar to biting an orange seed.

Each little capsule contains 100 mg of caffeine, which is pretty good considering that there are 4 and that you can add all of them to your drink.

The tea mixture started to work within minutes. I started to feel awake within 10 minutes of the initial sips and in another 20 minutes I was fully awake and full of energy. I was good to go for over 1.5 hours and then I started to notice signs of the energy slowly leaving me. However, that was not a huge problem since I had an espresso and I was back to feeling energetic.

Just like with Hijinks, energy catalyst kicked in faster with the orange juice. I was feeling fairly awake within 10-15 minutes of drinking some of my juice, and that feeling lasted for about an hour. Yes, it was less effective than the combination with tea, because the tea had additional caffeine.

Ingredients: purified water, natural caffeine, natural flavour, natural vitamin B12

Scores:
Cost - $4 from the King of Caffeine
Taste - depends on what you add it to and -1 for the slight bitterness
Energy - 6.5 to 10/10

Overall - depending on what you add it to, but it could be anywhere from 6.5/20 to 20/20

No comments:

Post a Comment