Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hijinks Energy Mixer Review


A few weeks ago I reviewed 5150 energy mixer and was quite pleased with the results. Over the last few days I have been testing another energy mixer - Hijinks. This one is a little different and does not instructions on how to mix it. It is completely up to you. You can even shoot it if you wanted to. Since I only had 1 of these bottles, and it contained only 200 mg, I only tried it with a couple of beverages.

Tea

Of course it had to be tea - my morning drink. Like with 5150, I added this to a mug full of strong Earl Gray Royal, whose flavour is so strong, it can cover almost everything. I poured half of the bottle and stirred. There was absolutely no change to the aroma and the taste barely changed. There is a dull undertone, which resulted in a slightly bitter aftertaste, but that was it. The mixer is barely noticeable even at half a bottle.

Orange Juice

I poured myself a 12 oz glass of orange juice and added only half of what was left in the Hijinks bottle, which was 1/4 of the entire mix. There was no change to the taste, so I added the remaining liquid. Again, there were no changes to the taste, which was great. I guess the orange juice flavour was strong enough to overpower the caffeine bitterness.

With the tea, the mixer worked a bit slow. I barely felt anything in the first 30 minutes and then it slowly and gradually started to kick in. It took about 50 minutes for me to feel the full effect of Hijinks, but the good news is that it lasted for a few hours and the energy boost was clean, very usable. There were no jitters or any other negative sides, such as a crash at the end.

The mixer performed a bit better with the orange juice and I felt a boost in energy right away from the from the juice. That gave Hijinks enough time to do its thing and get absorbed by my body. The rest of the effects were similar to that of the tea.

Energy Blend (1,100 mg):
  • Taurine
  • Caffeine
  • Inositol
  • Glucuronlactone
  • L-Carnitine
Other Ingredients: filtered water, sucrose, sodium citrate, phosphoric acid, sodium benzoate

Scores:
Cost - $3.00 from the King of Caffeine
Taste - depends on what you add it to and how much of it
Energy - 6/10 to 8.3/10

Overall - 6/10 to 8.3/10...overall score might be influenced by what you add it to and in what quanitities

No comments:

Post a Comment