Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sippin Syrup Purple Review


Here it is. I have been looking forward to trying these beverages for well over a year now and I finally acquired a box of all the flavours from Sippin Syrup's website for only $20 (delivery included).

The first thing I noticed was the size of the bottles. On Sippin Syrups' website the bottles look smaller and closer to a shot than a full sized, 473 mL bottle. Half a quart is quite a lot to consume when you want to relax and go to sleep. Every time I consume so much before sleeping, I end up getting up at least once in the middle of the night...after about 30 minutes of tossing and turning trying to fall asleep with a full bladder and the urge to use the washroom. Yes, I am that lazy.

Taste

I decided to start off with what I thought was the original drink - Sippin Syrup Purple. I gave it a quick shake, unscrewed the large cap (I love large caps, it makes it much easier to drink) and BAM, a large quantity of purple, grape smelling stuff started to pour from under the cap. Note to self: Do not shake the other bottles!

With the situation contained I fully opened the bottle and took a swig. Wow, pretty tasty stuff. This tastes like a lightly carbonated grape juice with some berries which give the beverage a tart finish and help cleanse part of your palate. The grape is flavour has a candy-like sweetness which does build up as you drink, but the berry tartness helps keep it down to a tolerable level - very nice touch.

This is a pretty tasty and unique flavour which I think energy drink manufacturers should adopt - grape and tart berries. I like it.

Performance

The calming blend has the standard ingredients - chamomile, valerian root, L-theanine and melatonin, and there are a whole bunch more added for a good measure.

So does it work? Hell yeah, it works. It works better than expected. About halfway through the bottle and 20 minutes after I first started drinking it, I felt very relaxed and borderline sleepy. My eyelids were getting heavy and I even considered stopping drinking this so I didn't completely fall asleep. But I then decided against it.

Twenty minutes later the whole bottle was gone and I was getting pretty tired, so tired I did not even feel like reading so I decided to switch to Netflix and spend the remaining hours of my evening watching TV shows.

You can try to fight the feeling, but it is a losing battle, so I strongly suggest you just give yourself up. As for the "Euphoric Thoughts" advertised on the label, I have yet to experience any.

Overall, I am very pleased with this product and will recommend it to everyone. I would also suggest consuming half the bottle if you want to relax and not fall asleep.

Scores:
Cost - $10.95 for a variety 6 pack
Taste - 9/10
Performance - 10/10

Overall - 19/20...excellent taste, excellent performance

5 comments:

  1. Makes my butthole gape

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kandy flavour is a little odd, but did help with sleeping. Thankfully there is a convinent store by my house where I can purchase these drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends son stopped breathing after taking this and she had to perform CPR on him, he is currently in recovery at the hospital but if she had not been there he would be dead!!!!

    ReplyDelete