Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Monster Java Loca Moca Energy Drink Review


This is the fourth, and last, kind of monster java that I am aware of. I haven't seen this kind of iced coffee energy drink many places, so when I came across it at Sobeys, I picked up a can for $2.99.

The label is dark, darker than all other Monster Javas. The drink is not as dark as I expected it to be at first - it was light brown, a lot like Mean Bean. Odd I thought so I gave it a good swirl and shook the bottom. That did the trick and the color changed to medium brown. Remember to shake these before opening as some of the stuff might be trapped at the bottom. OK, it does not taste as bold as I expected it to. The taste is light, milky and sweet with the coffee taste coming in mostly in the finish. The coffee finish is rather short, but there is a long milky finish. This is still a great tasting iced coffee energy drink, but I was expecting a bolder coffee flavour. The Loca Moca tastes a lot like Mean Bean, there is hardly any difference between the two.

The one difference between Moca Loca and the other Monster Javas is the caffeine content - 190 mg. It is higher by only 2 to 4 mg, but it technically is the highest. Drinking the can gave me a nice boost in the morning with no jitters. The caffeine had me on an energy high for a few hours and then I started to slowly lose it. Around lunch I was feeling a bit tired but all I had to do was rehydrate myself with some green tea.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD for a 444 mL can
Taste - 7.9/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 15.9/20...nice taste but a bit too light on the coffee taste

Read about the other Monster drinks I have tried:

No comments:

Post a Comment