Sunday, October 25, 2009

Jolt Blue Raspberry Energy Drink Review


Another Jolt to add to my list. I also got this one from 7-11 for $1.99. I will make another trip to a 7-11 tonight to see if I can score some more Jolts. This one also has the cool logo on the cap.

Well, as advertised, the drink is blue, really blue. It looks and smells like blue raspberry Jell-o. It also tastes like blue raspberry Jell-o, but with a ginseng undertone, similar to the one in Power Cola. The sweetness comes out in the aftertaste and lingers for a while. In addition to the sweet
aftertaste, hints of blueberries can be detected. In the long run, the aftertaste turns sour with a hint of blueberries. I liked that because the sourness kept my breath fresh for a while. There is nothing much to say, this tastes more like a soft drink than an energy one.

The can contains a Jolt normalized amount of 189.2 mg of caffeine. I had about a third of the can in the morning to wake up, closed the cap and went on with my day. I finished the drink over the next couple of hours and I got a nice sustained energy high. I love the can with the cap, brilliant idea. After lunch I started experiencing crash symptoms, but I quickly got rid of those with some tea.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99 CAD for a 473 mL can
Taste - 8.1/10...tastes like a soft drink with a slight ginseng undertone
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 16.1/20...great taste, great buzz and is cheaper than regular energy drinks

Check out some other Jolt drinks I have tried:

No comments:

Post a Comment