Monday, December 20, 2010

Arizona rx energy herbal tonic review


I love small convenience stores. Every time I visit one I go through the shelves and the fridges in search of something I haven't had yet. This Saturday I walked into a small convenience store while waiting for my burritos next door and walked out with a few cans of AriZona's energy drink.

Taste

For something that has "herbal" in its title, the drink doesn't taste very herbal, it tastes fruity...very fruity. The taste starts off as a combination of mango and lemon with a decent citrus kick and ends on a sweet orange-lemon note. The sweetness in the finish is not too sweet and doesn't build up, I find it to be just perfect. Overall, I love the taste - it is fruity, refreshing and because it is non-carbonated, it goes down easy.

Energy

Though the can doesn't say how much caffeine is in the drink, caffeine is listed as an ingredient. A quick search on the interwebs reveals that the can contains 112 mg of caffeine, which isn't much for a can this size...it is 680 mL!!! The energy doesn't hit you like other, more intense energy drinks, but the drink gives you a pretty decent, gradual boost. I started to feel the effects within 30 - 40 minutes and the buzz lasted for a couple of hours. There was no crash at the end, but I did want to drink another can because it tasted so damn good.
Ingredients: too lazy to list them this time because there are quite a lot.

Scores:
Cost - $0.99
Taste - 9.5/10
Energy - 7/10

Overall - 16.5/20...love it. Love the taste and I love the decent kick it gives you

12 comments:

  1. Sounds good, going to keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Arizona Rx energy herbal tonic!!! ^_^

    Better than all those name brand expensive energy drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a can on my desk as we speak, though I'm still sipping my coffee for now and saving it for later. The first time I drank some of this stuff, I noticed VERY favorable sexual side effects. (I'm male.) I also love the way it makes me feel happy and like the world is a good place and life is worth living. I think there are some serious antidepressant properties to the ginseng. Since I bought my first can a few nights ago, I have been doing a lot of reading up on ginseng and am dumbfounded that it has taken me this long to find it. I can't believe how awesome it seems to be. I'm going to keep drinking this stuff by the truck load, and by me a bottle of ginseng from the pharmacy ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best tasting 'Energy drink' available. Giving it the same score as NOS seems odd to me. This does not have that kick you in the ass taste, and is not carbonated, it tastes like a really good tropical juice, JUST masking the green tea, and is drinkable any time of the day even with a meal. The best part is ginseng, guarana and a lighter amount of caffeine means you don't crash, so you can drink this as a soda replacement, enjoy the hell out of it, and be energized all day without the jitters. If this drink had the amount of caffeine as NOS i would be in trouble, as I love it too much to drink it slowly :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just bought this thing today and i found this when i wanted to know how much caffeine was in it cuz i work over nights at a gym and i need somthing. bought it cuz it was only 99 cents and idk if its worth it yet cuz i cant feel the energy yet, hope its as decent as you guys say cuz i have 2 more hours here and need alittle pick me up. anyways the only complaint is it makes me thirsty. ill probly drink water afterward but it tastes pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy I was gotten this by mistake, I think it's a great, I honestly feel better for a little bit of time, I drink half of the can, sorry, but I love the taste .. nice and refreshing .. at least to me .. I drink the other half the next morning. ( I put a sandwich bag over the top of the can then wrap with a rubber band to keep it fresh) actually works good. I recommend this energy drink !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I discovered the Arizona RX in 2006. I've been using it ever since. The best energy drink ever! Rating from 2-10. I give it a 10...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its delicious im a green tea drinker so that's what made me buy it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. saccharine in arizona energy harmful????

    ReplyDelete
  10. anyone seen the orange can of this? same thing or no? i feel like your taste description is on point but i feel like the subtle change the herbs in it bring out makes me not prefer the taste too much. definitely a love it or hate it drink. highly reccomend for people that want a gatorade/powerade alternative thats cheaper! it is one damn refreshing drink, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might have changed now, or there may be a new variation of this. I tried and reviewed it 6 years ago so anything could have happened. We don't have too many of these in Canada.

      Delete