Sunday, December 26, 2010

XS Cranberry-Grape Blast Energy Drink Review


The day after Christmas is a hard one. I am tired from driving around, tired of eating and most importantly, I am tired of drinking. Since I haven't been home in a few days, the only caffeinated thing available at this time is some of the old XS energy drinks that have been sitting in my fridge for a couple of months now. I was too lazy to go out and get a coffee or another energy drink so I thought it would be a good opportunity to continue with the line of XS energy drinks and maybe even finish reviewing them over the holidays.

Taste

The drink definitely has a strong grape taste, but a sugar free one. The cranberry taste is not there so much because it just comes and goes with its slightly tart and tangy notes. The drink is very carbonated, which prevented me from drinking it very fast and made me burp a lot. Overall, this is a sugar free energy drink which has a decent grape taste, though it does taste fake here and there. The finish is, of course, sugar free, but it does have a hint of grape which makes is quite alright.

Energy

For a 250 mL energy drink, the can has a very standard 83 mg of caffeine, which were enough to wake me up, but not enough to keep me going in the morning. The effects are similar to all the other XS drinks - not much happens at first due to the lack of sugar, and then the caffeine gets you and gives you a decent buzz for just over an hour.

Scores:
Cost - works out to about $3.66 per can, delivered
Taste - 7/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 13/20...nothing exceptional, but for a sugar free energy drink, it doesn't have a bad grape flavour

No comments:

Post a Comment