Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rockstar Burner Energy Drink Review


Another sale at 7-11, 2 for 1 Rockstars. I decided to finally try this sugar free one to see if it's any good. A can costs $2.99, but of course I got another one for free with it. I expect this to be different since there is green tea and yerba mate in it.

It is very pink to light purple in color and smells fruity. It doesn't taste bad at all. The flavour is a combination of berries and apples. I know...apples? There is a strong granny smith scent and while drinking it, you will sense the apple flavour. The diet taste manifests itself in the finish, which is of berries. I was barely able to tell that this is sugar free when I was drinking it, it has a very good taste/sweetener balance.

Rockstar Burner has the usual 160 mg of caffeine. I was expecting more since the label states yerba mate and green tea. There are about 200 mg of green tea extract and 50 mg of yerba mate extract present in the drink, so I am not sure if the caffeine content includes the caffeine found in the extracts, or just the caffeine added to the drink. If you know about how this works, let me know as I am very curious. The drink works like all other Rockstars except for that immediate boost from the sugar. It took a bit longer for me to feel energized, but once I did, I felt great and I experienced no jitters.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD for a 473 mL can
Taste - 8.1/10
Energy - 7.5/10

Overall - 15.6/20...great sugar free taste with a decent kick

No comments:

Post a Comment