Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jolt Power Cola Energy Drink Review


I found another Jolt and this one is regular sized - 473 mL can. I got it from 7-11 for $1.99. I love the Jolt logo printed on the cap.


The cola tastes pretty good. It is a bit less sweet than Pepsi and Coke which might be a good thing for some. Unlike both brands, this one has a ginseng undertone which leaves a slightly bitter finishing note. The aftertaste is Coke-like, but not as sweet. If you love the taste of Coke and don't like energy drinks, but still need the caffeine, then this is the solution to your problems. It is even cheaper than energy drinks that come in similar containers. If you are really lucky, you might even find this drink for less than $2.

This thing packs a nice punch - 189.2 mg of caffeine. I had a can with my lunch and it went beautifully. It felt like having regular Coke with my lunch, but by the time I was done, the caffeine was starting to kick in and soon I was fully energized. No after-lunch down time for me.
The boost lasted for a few hours and was followed by a not so good crash. I resolved the situation with a cup of tea.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99 CAD for a 473 mL can
Taste - 8.1/10
Energy - 8/10...I would have given it more if there was no crash at the end

Overall - 16.1/20...great taste/energy combo

Check out the other Jolt drinks I have tried:

No comments:

Post a Comment