Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rockstar Energy Shot Wild Berry Flavour Review


I love espressos for a couple of reasons - they are small and pack a lot of caffeine. Energy shots are like espressos except for one thing - they don't taste good. They are just concentrated chemicals and I know it is hard to mask the taste. The 5 hour energy shot I had a few months ago was quite tolerable, but not the other ones. I recently picked up a Rockstar Energy Shot for $2.99 and decided to try it after a night of hardly any sleep.

The shot smells OK - kind of like the Rockstar Punched, but with a hint of concentrated chemicals. It does not taste bad either with its slightly sour wild berry flavours. Since this is a sugar free drink, the artificial sweetener taste is quite strong, but there is nothing too nasty about the taste. The finish is slightly bitter, but not to the same extent as some other energy shots. A combination of artificial sweeteners and wild berry flavours lingers in your mouth for while.

With 200 mg of caffeine, this is a bad boy. The size is a bit larger than other shots though - 75 mL. I felt the effects in 15 - 20 minutes and they were intense. I wanted to jump off my chair and run around. The energy came in surging like a torrent of water, but after 5 - 10 minutes I calmed down. I was still a bit jittery for a while, but it was controllable.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD for a 75 mL shot
Taste - 6.3/10
Energy - 9/10

Overall - 15.3/20...not a bad tasting energy shot with an excellent kick

No comments:

Post a Comment