Sunday, November 22, 2009

Arizona Watermelon Review


I came across about a dozen different kinds of Arizona beverages at the local convenience store a couple of weeks ago. Since they were all imported, they weren't the standard 99 cents, but $1.29 CAD, which is still not bad for a drink that is 680 mL. The red label of the watermelon flavour attracted my attention today when I was looking at the energy drinks so I just had to pick up a can and try it. How could I say no to a watermelon flavoured drink? I love watermelons.

Upon opening the can, I was hit by the sweet scent of watermelon. The aroma reminded me of a watermelon Snapple and watermelon flavoured Jolly Rancher. This felt promising and just like that I took my first sip of this imported Arizona drink that I have never seen for sale anywhere else in Canada. The taste was fantastic - bold watermelon flavour, similar to that of the watermelon Jolly Rancher, and slightly sour from the citric acid. The next several sips revealed the sweetness of the beverage which started to slowly build up. As I continued to sip, I couldn't help notice that there may have been another flavour added to the watermelon cocktail - strawberry. Well, the back of the label did not indicate the presence of strawberries, but it did reveal the presence of several other fruits - mango, kiwi, pear and pineapple. I was surprised at how quickly I finished the huge can and I was also surprised at how sweet it was towards the end. Perhaps the sweetness was due to the fact that I did not shake the can, or perhaps that the drink contains a lot of sugar. Either way, I really enjoyed the taste of this Arizona fruit juice cocktail.

Scores:
Cost - $1.29 CAD for a 680 mL can
Taste - 9/10

Overall - 9/10...the sweetness builds up a little, but apart from that, this is a fantastic drink at a very low price

8 comments:

  1. Where do you live? I have been trying to find it in Ontario for a while. I travel a lot to the states and usually buy it by the case as several stores order it in for me. Contact me at cream.puff.1111@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't agree with your review at all, the first time I tasted it will be my last as I really had to close my eyes and imagine the watermelon during the aftertaste part. Not only that but it left me feeling very much dehydrated afterwards instead of refreshed, I'd give it a 5/10

    ReplyDelete
  3. this drink is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Realistically, the best drink on the market, and I'm serious. Truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE This Drink my boyfriend Started me Drinking it!!

    ReplyDelete