Monday, November 23, 2009

Rip It Energy Fuel Power Review


Today I am trying the next flavour of the Rip It energy drink family. I hope this is a little more original than the last one, Sting-er Mo. The price is the same - $1.99 CAD.

My hopes disappeared as soon as I pulled the tab and was greeted by the intense medicine aroma. For a moment there I thought I was smelling an open container of cough syrup. I don't think I have ever had an energy drink with a medicine smell this strong. At least the flavour is unique and does not taste like cough syrup. The drink has a sweet, citrusy taste but with a twist I cannot quite put my finger on. Quince is what came to mind at first, but as I kept drinking the flavour started shaping. Hints of strawberries started appearing and quickly disappearing in the finish. The thing I noticed about this drink is that it does have a very clean finish which kills absolutely any traces of flavour, but leaves your mouth feeling refreshed. I was too quick to judge the drink by the aroma as this definitely has a pleasant unique taste with a clean and refreshing finish. A huge improvement over the Sting-er Mo flavour.

As with the previous flavour, this one also contains 200 mg of caffeine. I was very tired and drowsy in the morning, but 10 minutes after starting to drink this I felt awake and more energetic. The unique taste helped me drink this quickly and soon I was feeling the negative effects of taking so much caffeine at once - jitters. The jitters subsided within 30 minutes and I was back to just feeling awake and energetic.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99 CAD for a 473 mL can
Taste - 8.3/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 16.3/20...pleasant unique taste with enough caffeine to wake you up...and crash you into a wall

No comments:

Post a Comment