Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rip it Energy Fuel Power Sugar Free Review


A couple of days ago I tried the Rip It Power energy drink and I liked the unique taste. Today I am trying the sugar free version of it, which also retails for only $1.99 CAD.

The drink smells a lot like the regular Power, but its color is a bit lighter. The taste is also almost identical up to the finish, where you really taste the artificial sweeteners. The aftertaste is not as clean as the diet taste lingers for quite some time. Oddly, the diet aftertaste morphs into a coffee/chocolate one after some time. It is not something bad, just something I wasn't expecting. Hm, I can't think of anything else to write here as this an excellent sugar free version of an already great tasting energy drink.

The sugar free version also contains 200 mg of caffeine, but I did not experience the effects as quickly as I did with the regular Power. The initial experience was rather an odd one for me. I felt my brain being stimulated, but my eyelids were just as heavy as before. It took a few more minutes to start feeling physically energized. The effects of the energy drink lasted for several hours until past lunch time when I started experiencing a headache but no crash.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99 CAD for a 473 mL can
Taste - 7.9/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 15.9/20...great tasting sugar free version of an already great tasting energy drink

No comments:

Post a Comment