Sunday, November 22, 2009

Glacéau Vitamin Water Energy Review


I am not one who buys Glacéau vitamin waters, or any vitamin waters for that matter, but today I wanted to try something different. It was lunch time and I was a bit tired, but didn't want to consume anything with too much caffeine. Then came Glacéau Vitamin Water Energy with Vitamin B and caffeine. The drink cost me $2.29 CAD, which is border line expensive for what you get. The label of this beverage will certainly not win any awards, but it gives you something to read between sips. I also like how half the front label is a paragraph containing all the ingredients.

Not having had Glacéau Vitamin Water before, I was expecting a burst of flavour, but what I got instead was colored water with some flavouring. It is my fault. I was expecting something along the lines of Gatorade, but this really is water. The flavour is not bad, but it is not very strong. It starts off with a hint of tropical fruits, passion fruit, mango, pineapple and tangerine, but quickly loses its flavour. The finish is slightly bitter and hints of the energy ingredients can be noticed. The flavour does build up as you continue drinking, but it starts off too plain. The drink is a bit sour from the citric acid, but I think it could use a bit more for that extra refreshing aftertaste.

The bottle contains only 50 mg of caffeine, which is not very much compared to popular energy drinks like AMP, Monster and Full Throttle, but for those not addicted to caffeine, this could be a great morning or afternoon boost. I felt the effects within 10 minutes and my head was a bit clearer. With such a low caffeine dosage I didn't have to worry about jitters or being overwhelmed by the caffeine. The caffeine boost didn't last very long for me, but it certainly pepped me up for a while.

Overall this is not a bad drink and has its niche, but it certainly cannot be compared to real energy drinks, some of which are even better tasting.

Scores:
Cost - $2.29 CAD for a 591 mL bottle
Taste - 7.7/10
Energy - 5.1/10

Overall - 12.8/20...flavoured water with some caffeine. Not bad, but not a real energy drink. I will still tag it as one though

1 comment:

  1. Hi . i got one of those this morning as well, apparently it works for hangover days, without damaging my tummy. i likede it. :)

    ReplyDelete