Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Monster Khaos Review


I mentioned in another post that I kind of liked this one, but couldn't find any in the local stores. Well, guess what, one of the stores had recently gotten a new shipment of Monster beverages. This one tastes a bit different from the other Monster drinks. It tastes like a mix between a tropical juice and a standard monster. Let me know if I am wrong, but I detect mango and orange flavouring, which might also explain the color of the M on the can - orange. I like the taste
and that it is more like a fruit beverage than an energy drink. The one thing I do not enjoy is the cough syrup" undertone. If you are drinking it fast, the undertone may not become apparent, but as soon as you start taking small sips, it will. On the positive side, the cough syrup taste does not stay for long as it is overpowered by the taste of the fruit juices. I would also prefer the juice to not be as sweet, but what can you do? Diet version? I don't think a diet one will taste as good, it might be even worse.

As for the energy, it is there. You get the same kick as with any other Monster. The can contains 150 mg of caffeine which can boost your energy levels in several different ways - gulping down the drink, which will result in some jitters, or drinking it slowly, which will deliver small bursts of energy with just the possibility of some jitters.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD
Taste - 7.9/10
Performance - 7.5/10

Overall - 15.4...go for this one if you want a Monster, but don't like the taste of the regular one

Read about the other Monster drinks I have tried:

No comments:

Post a Comment