Thursday, July 9, 2009

Monster MIXXD Review


Have you ever had a purple freezie, or another brand of frozen juice treat? Yes? Well this one tastes exactly like that. OK, maybe not exactly like that, but that's the easiest way to describe the taste. There is a hint of blackcurrant. If you have never had blackcurrant juice or the fruit, I strongly suggest you go and get some. Blackcurrant juice is the pinnacle of fruit juices. Out of 10 I would rate the taste of a good blackcurrant juice (with at least 25% real juice) as 11. Anyways, back to the Monster drink. It tastes pretty good for an energy drink. The synthetic taste is masked quite nicely and the aftertaste is quite pleasant.

The energy kick is the same as what you would normally expect from a Monster drink. Depending on how you drink the beverage, it can come and knock you off your ass for an hour, or it can provide a somewhat balanced energy boost for a couple of hours. Most of the time I drink mine slowly - over the course of an hour or a bit less.

Out of all the Monster drinks I have had, this one is probably one of the best tasting ones. The one other one that tastes good is the mango flavoured one. I haven't seen that one in stores for a while, but if I do, I will buy it and post my review.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD
Taste - 7.2/10
Performance - 7.5/10

Overall - 14.7/20...you should get this one instead of the regular one

Read about the other Monster drinks I have tried:

No comments:

Post a Comment