Sunday, March 26, 2017

Marley One Drop Banana Split Coffee


I was finally able to find a stash of the new Marley One Drop coffees. Every since I saw and tried the new Vanilla Swirl, I have been obsessing over the other new flavors. And now I found it when I walked into a Bulk Barn looking for baking yeast. Awesome stuff!

Taste

Oh man, I cannot describe how good this smells to me and what fond memories this smell brings back. This smells like a mix between banana split (duh), deep fried banana covered in chocolate, chocolate-covered banana ice cream on a stick, and chocolate-covered banana puffs (those might be more European). What I am trying to say is that it definitely smells like what I was expecting.

The taste is well balanced and no particular flavor is dominant, but you can taste them all. The banana flavor is mild but present from the start to the end, while the chocolate comes in just a bit after the banana, but lingers well into the aftertaste. The coffee comes out near the end.

The aftertaste is sweet. This One Drop gets really sweet towards the end and each sip adds another layer of sweetness. So be aware if you are not into sweet stuff. I don't like sweet things all that much, but I really enjoyed it because of the memories it brought back.

Energy

There is no indication as to how much caffeine is in the can, but based on my experience with this one, and the Vanilla Swirl, I would guesstimate that it is around the 100 - 120 mg range.

The effects of this one are the same as the Vanilla Swirl - a delayed uptake, followed by a brief jittery period, followed by 2 hours of energy. For more details, check out the length Vanilla Swirl review.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99
Taste - 9.5/10 (fond memories)
Energy - 7/10

Overall - 16.5/20...tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment