Sunday, June 24, 2012

On Go Energy Berry Blast Review


This shot has been travelling with me for the past few months at the bottom of my bag. On my way out tonight I felt the need for some caffeine so I quickly chugged it before heading out.

Taste

This shot has a surprisingly great taste. It must be my favorite On Go shot so far. The berry flavour is a combination of sour raspberries and cranberries with little chemical/artificial taste...until the aftertaste. I enjoyed the sourness because it not only did it give the berries some depth, but also gives you a refreshing aftertaste.

The aftertaste, as mentioned briefly, has the standard chemical as well as a sweetener note. Not surprising and the sourness even took it down a notch.

Energy

The kick is nothing unique or surprising for a shot of this caliber. I felt a burst of energy within 5 minutes of chugging this shot. There were no jitters and after 10-20 minutes I felt the caffeine kick and felt very energized and focused. The energy lasted for a few hours but unfortunately I did experience a bit of a crash at the end. I blame that on the fact that it was getting late and I had been up for about 14-15 hours.

Had I had this first thing in the morning, I probably would not have experienced the crash. Still, I thought this was the best tasting On Go shot and probably one of the better ones on the market.

Scores:
Cost - $0.99
Taste - 9/10
Energy - 8/10


Overall - 17/20...great sour flavour with a decent kick

No comments:

Post a Comment