Saturday, February 6, 2016

Califia Farms Cold Brew Dirty Chai


I got this bottle from a Target in Michigan near the Canadian border for $2.69.

Taste

The aroma is definitely of chai, but there is also a bit of rum, vanilla and a bit of chocolate. The taste is a bit watery at first, but after a few moments the chai kicks in, followed by some cinnamon giving the cold brew a slightly spicy twist. Almond milk is present in subtle amounts, but surprisingly there are no traces of the coffee anywhere. Even the aftertaste is overpowered by the cinnamon and tea notes.

Except for the cinnamon, I found this beverage to be very mild for most parts. It is very easy to drink, but there isn't as much flavor as the other Califia Farms Cold Brews.

Energy

Though it doesn't state that on the bottle, there are 125 mg of caffeine in the 310 mL serving. I was actually surprised by this as I was expecting the caffeine level to be closer to 100 mg.

The effects are quick, but I think that has a bit to do with the spicy twist. I started to wake up and feel focused within 10 minutes of starting to consume this drink and by the 20 minute mark I was pumped and ready to go. I still felt a tiny bit focused, but for the most parts I was just physically energized.

The effects lasted for almost 3 hours and ended without any drama.

General Comments

This beverage has tons of labels on it - GMO free, Vegan, Gluten Free, BPA free and Carrageenan free. The bottle also contains around 45% of your recommended daily intake of calcium.

Scores:
Cost - $2.69
Taste - 7.5/10
Energy - 7.5/10

Overall - 15/20...the taste is a bit too light, but the kick is OK

No comments:

Post a Comment