Thursday, September 15, 2016

VPX Redline Xtreme Sour Heads


I got this VPX Redline Xtreme Sour Heads courtesy of Energy Drink Heaven and it was an awesome surprise. I didn't know there was a Sour Heads energy drink/shot!

Taste

The aroma is nothing spectacular. I was expecting a combination of sour notes, but all I got was some blueberry and a medley of berries I couldn't identify. The flavor is where it's at! The flavor is mild when it hits the tip of your tongue and even a little sweet, but as it travels along the tongue, it sourness comes in waves and drowns you. There is so much of it that it is hard to pick out any flavors. I think there are some berries in there, maybe citrus? Maybe green apple? Whatever it is, it is sour! But the aftertaste is more like the aroma - slightly sweet with notes of blueberries and a medley of other sweet berries.

This is an interesting one, but like Sour Heads, the sour experience is very brief.

Energy

There are 316 mg of caffeine in the bottle and I was feeling focused within 15 minutes of opening the bottle. The effect was very gradual and so was the focus I gained for about 15-20 minutes before the caffeine rushed through my body and made me want to run around. There were no jitters getting to that point and once I was there, I was pumped for a good 5 hours. There was a mild crash at the end but some food and water helped me.

Scores:
Cost - courtesy of Energy Drink Heaven
Taste - 8.5/10
Energy - 10/10

Overall - 18.5/20...brief sour spike and a long energy kick

No comments:

Post a Comment