Thursday, July 30, 2009

Beaver Buzz Green Tea Energy Drink Review


This is another one of those beverages that I had been avoiding for years. I admit that the can looks great with its pale green color and simple layout, but I just have never had the urge to buy one until now. Why did I get it? It was priced at $1.99 CAD at the local Shoppers Drug Mart and that was the regular price. I thought I should give it a shot.

The label clearly states that this is a non-carbonated drink, which some people might like, but not me. I prefer carbonated drinks unless I have a sore throat. It tastes almost exactly like the Nestea Green Iced Tea. There are two things that make it different. First, it is much sweeter, but the sweetness does not hit you until you have almost swallowed and does last for a while. The second thing is that caffeine taste, probably from the guarana and ginseng extracts. This particular taste is overpowered by the sweetness of the drink. I think it would have been much better if the company had used an unsweetened green tea as a basis, rather than the sweetened one. At least the company uses cane sugar.

The caffeine content is 102 mg, and I wish it was higher. The can is comparable to that of the large Red Bull one, so I think it should have at least the same amount of caffeine. It still gave me a nice energy boost early in the morning, but it only lasted for about an hour.

Scores:
Cost - 9/10
Taste - 6.9/10
Energy - 6.2/10

Overall - 22.1/30...I think it could have been much better if it wasn't as sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment