Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Flaming Moe Energy Drink Review


I am starting the new year with a review of a novelty energy drink. I picked this one up from a Bulk Barn store for $2.69 CAD. I love the label.

I don't remember what the color of the original flaming moe's was, but this one is pale pink, similar to Premium Pink Energy. The drink smells like a combination of bubble gum, cotton candy and cream soda. The taste is similar to the aroma except that it is very light. The flavours are not very rich, but do build up. A third through the can the sourness in the finish started to emerge and linger. Unlike some other novelty drinks, there is no sweetness build up with this one.

OK, let's talk about caffeine. This one states that it contains 120 mg of it. Wow, I don't think I have had a novelty energy drink with this much. Never mind the novelty part, not many 250 mL energy drinks contain 120 mg of caffeine. The standard 250 mL can contains only 80. I felt the beginning of the energy rush just 15 minutes after starting to drink this. Like most 473 mL energy drinks, the energy started to come gradually, but then exploded into an overwhelming sensation which brought also jitters. The overwhelming rush lasted for 30 minutes and then I was down to just feeling energized. Not sure if 120 mg of caffeine is correct, but I am absolutely positive that there is plenty of caffeine in this novelty energy drink.

Scores:
Cost - $2.69 CAD for a 250 mL can
Taste - 8.1/10
Energy - 7/10

Overall - 15.1/20...pretty good for such a drink

No comments:

Post a Comment