Monday, July 5, 2010

Chaotic Power Pulse Review


It has been almost a year since I reviewed 3 of the 4 Chaotic drinks. Yesterday I finally found the last one, the fourth drink called Power Pulse. I am not sure how much I paid for it since I got it from a small convenience store and paid for not only it, but a few other products. I believe it was less than $3, but I cannot say exactly how much it was.

Before I try and review this drink, I am obliged to say that all of these drinks were recalled last year due to elevated levels of caffeine and chromium piconalate, which pose health risks to children, the intended Chaotic drinks audience. But since I am above the age of 8, which some may argue, I will consume this beverage.

Just like the other 3 drinks, this one comes with a glued on label, which gets in the way of drinking the contents. I had to cut a little of the label off since it was scratching my lip. The drinks smells and tastes great thanks to its dragon fruit flavoring...but that quickly changes. The drink has a diet taste, which is not obvious at first, but steadily builds up. This affects not only the taste, but also the aftertaste. In addition to the diet taste, the sweetness level builds up as well, which also negatively impacts the experience.

There is no caffeine in the drink and there are no ingredients that contain caffeine, but there are some vitamins and minerals, which gave me a few brief moments of clarity, but no energy rush. I think I got a rush more from the sugar than anything else.

Medicinal Ingredients:
  • Calcium - 150 mg
  • Magnesium - 60 mg
  • Vitamin D - 150 IU
  • Arginine - 37.5 mg
  • Zinc - 2 mg
  • Chromium - 42 mcg
Non-medicinal Ingredients: carbonated water, sugar, citric acid, natural flavour, gum arabic, glycerol ester of wood rosin, beta-carotine.

Scores:
Cost - less than $3
Taste - 7/10
Energy - 4/10

Overall - 11/20...recalled, has no caffeine

1 comment:

  1. look under the lable. it TOO is just a relabled can like the mind strike. I have a whole flat of these drinks. the 2 flavours with black tabs are the MS and the PP, which are both just relabled. the other two that have silver tabs are not relabled.

    ReplyDelete