Thursday, September 9, 2010

XTZ Herbal Energy Chocolate Mint Review


Today I will have chocolate for breakfast...herbal energy chocolate. I got this from the King of Caffeine a couple of months ago and has been sitting on my desk since. Yeah, there are a lot of stuff sitting on my desk, but I have a very large desk.

Taste

As soon as I took the chocolate out of the wrapper, a strong minty aroma hit me. Fortunately the taste also had a strong minty which is not something I was completely expecting. Being an energy chocolate and filled with active ingredients, the taste is somewhat bitter but at least the bitterness lasts only until you chew and swallow the chocolate. After that, the aftertaste is minty fresh with some sweet chocolate notes. Overall the taste is not very bad if you can suck up the bitterness while eating the chocolate.

Energy

It doesn't say on wrapper how much caffeine is in each piece, but various Google searches returned 150 mg as the magic number. And that is believable since XTZ and Turbo Truffles are made by the same company and the latter has 150 mg of caffeine. Whether or not it actually has 150 mg of caffeine does not matter because the kick is pretty strong and fast acting. Just 10 minutes after I ate the piece I felt fully awake and energized. Sure, I got a mild dose of the jitters, but that wasn't a big deal since it only lasted for a few minutes. The kick lasted for about 2 to 3 hours, but was very solid. Unfortunately I hit a big wall at the end of the 3 hours and had to get some coffee and water to keep me going.

Ingredients: sugar, chocolate, invert sugar, corn syrup, butter, vegetable oil, caffeine, herbs, cocoa powder, lecithin, invertase, natural and artificial flavours.

Scores:
Cost -$0.50 from King of Caffeine
Taste - 6.8/10
Energy - 8.5/10

Overall - 15.3/20...some bitterness from the taste, but an awesome overall kick

No comments:

Post a Comment