Monday, November 29, 2010

Warp Hyper Charged Energy Mints Peppermint Review


When I first received this tin in the mail, I thought it was a sugar free version of the Warp mints. Nope, it is regular mints. I am just so used to energy drink manufacturers using this color theme for their diet/sugar free energy drinks that now every time I notice it somewhere else, I associate it with sugar free.

Taste

Being peppermint flavoured, they taste fresh and very minty. The start is fairly mild and more like spearmint, but after a couple of minutes, the peppery part starts to show. The peppermint taste is not as intense as some other types of mints or gum, but it is very refreshing and well balanced. Though there is sugar in the mints, it is not too much and you get a little bit of sweetness and a little bit of the peppermint. Overall, these mints are excellent.

Energy

Just like with the Warp Green T mints, there is no indication on this tin as to how much caffeine is in each mint. After a quick search, I found out that the mints have the same caffeine content - 10 mg per mint. For comparison purposes, I took 5 and the effects were similar to those of the Green T mints - quick and excellent kick, which only lasted for about 40 minutes. To keep things going, I took another 5 which put me past the Red Bull category. This time the effects stacked with the previous 5 mints because some of the caffeine was still in my system. My suggestion with these mints is to take a few at a time to maintain a nice buzz and a fresh breath.

Ingredients: sugar, dextrose, calcium stearate, natural flavour, guarana, siberian ginseng, panax ginseng

Scores:
Cost - $3.00 from KingofCaffeine.com
Taste - 9.5/10
Energy - 1/10 to 10/10

Overall - 10.5/20 to 19.5/20...depending on the number of mints you take

No comments:

Post a Comment