Monday, February 7, 2011

Health Energy Potion Review


A few days ago I reviewed the Love Energy Potion, made by Harcos Labs. Well, the story doesn't end there. When the good folks from Harcos contacted me to try their new product, I asked if I could also receive some Health and Mana Energy Potions since I was having troubles buying them online from sources like ThinkGeek. Every time I put in an order, they would not be available. Well, they were nice enough to send me a couple of potions to try and here is the review of the Health Energy Potion.

Taste

Since I tried the Love Energy Potion first, I would be somewhat inclined to compare the other two products to it...which would make scoring for the other two difficult since Love had an excellent taste. Starting with the Health potion, I detected some salami notes in the aroma...OK, I am somewhat joking, but the apple and cinnamon notes do give off a strange salami aroma. The taste is surprisingly well done. Just like the aroma, it is a sour combination of apple and cinnamon. The sourness tends to stick to the apple flavour while the cinnamon adds little to the taste, but a lot to the finish and the aftertaste. The mouth-feel is fairly thick and reminds me a little of the Blood Energy Potion I tried a few months ago.

The taste is very unique and very well done for an energy shot, considering that there are 160 mg of caffeine crammed into this tiny bottle!!! With this much caffeine, it is surprising that there are no bitter notes in the taste, finish and aftertaste. I do like the taste of the Love Potion better, but compared to other energy shots on the market, this one is pretty damn tasty.

Energy

Yes, 160 mg of caffeine in 50 mL!!! I have had energy shots with more caffeine, but when the taste is that good, this deserves to be pointed out. Compared to Love Potion's energy delivery, this one is much more intense and wakes you up within 15 minutes. I experienced a shaky knee without a calm and focused period, but damn, this was intense. I am not saying this because I got a free Health Potion, this is actually pretty strong.

Another 10 minutes later and I was experiencing most of the caffeine effects. I was ready to get up and run around. Unlike the Love Potion, this provides you with a lot of raw energy and will be better suited for those doing physical activities...including WoW. I have been bored to death (OK, sleep) multiple times waiting for my flight to reach its destination, going through my achievements, thinking what I should focus on next.

The energy lasted much longer than the Love Potion and it was pretty damn good. It was clean, and there was no sudden crash at the end, though I did start to get tired. Overall, this is a very solid energy shot with a ton of caffeine and easy to swallow.

Energy Potion (1.58 g): Glucuronolactone, L-Taurine, DL-Phenylalanine, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Caffeine, Ginseng Extract, Elderberry Juice Concentrate

Other Ingredients: purified water, vegetable glycerin, citric acid, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, sucralose, natural flavors, FD&C red 40

Scores:
Cost - $20 for 3 Health and 2 Mana Potions from HarcosLabs
Taste - 7.8/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 15.8/20...raw, awesome energy that tastes like apple pie

No comments:

Post a Comment