Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mana Energy Potion Review


Having tried and reviewed the Health and Love Energy potions, I had to go on with the Mana one.

Taste

Before opening this, I had no idea what it would taste like. After opening it and smelling it, I had no idea why this never came to mind - blue jello/cotton candy. Yes, the aroma is sweet with a nice sour punch. The taste is pretty enjoyable. It is very sour at first, but once you start to swallow, the sweetness kicks in. The sourness returns in the finish and helps it become refreshing. I cannot really pinpoint the exact flavour, but as mentioned, it has sweet notes of cotton candy and blue jello. It reminds me a little of blue raspberry juices that have a ton of citric acid added to them, the ones you think its raspberry, but you are not too sure. The flavours do their job and mask any bitterness the energy ingredients might have, because I was not able to detect anything off putting in the taste or the aftertaste. The bottom line is that this shot has a very unique taste and I like it.

Energy

Out of the three potions, this one has 2 grams of energy ingredients, almost double that of the Love potion. Out of the 2 g of energy ingredients, 160 mg are caffeine, which is on par with the Health potion. The energy delivery is similar, but there is the added bonus of the sourness. Sour tasting drinks and foods give me a small jolt, which acts immediately but has a short duration. Well, in this case, it helped enough for the energy ingredients to start kicking in. I was starting to feel awake and becoming more focused within 10 minutes of drinking the Mana potion.

Unfortunately, when the energy ingredients started to kick in more, I started to lose my focus. Yep, that lasted a good 5 minutes, before something was telling to get up and do laps around the room...and that was before the caffeine had started to kick in. In another 15-20 minutes, I was experiencing the shaky knee again and this time I really wanted to get up and do something physical to use up burst of energy. Like the Health potion, the energy you get from the Mana potion would be better used on physical activities. Personally, I do not like to play games when I have a lot of energy, but some people might.

The kick from the mana potion lasts a bit longer in my opinion and performs better than the other two. I had a great buzz for 3 to 4 hours, though there was a crash around lunch hour. I had a bit of coffee and I was back to feeling just great.

Energy Potion (2 g): Glucuronolactone, Malic Acid, DL-Phenylalanine, L-Taurine, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Caffeine

Enzyme Blend (400 mcg): Amylase, Lactase, Cellulase, Lipase, Protease

Other Ingredients: purified water, glycerin, natural flavours, citric acid, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, Ethyl ..... (cannot read the second word as the label is warped), FD&C blue 1

Scores:
Cost - $20 for 3 Health and 2 Mana Potions from HarcosLabs
Taste - 8.2/10
Energy - 8.1/10

Overall - 16.2/20...taste better than the Health potion, has the same amount of caffeine and a slightly better kick

No comments:

Post a Comment