Thursday, June 16, 2011

Méchante Sugar Free Energy Drink Review


Having reviewed the regular Méchante, I just had to try the sugar free version.

Taste

The Red Bull-like scent quickly filled the air around the can once I pulled the tab. I should have expected that given the fact that the regular one tasted like a Red Bull and was produced by Cott. Unlike the regular one, this one has a drier taste and is more carbonated. The finish has a nice citric bite which gives it a crisp finish. I wish it also gave it a clean finish, but due to the added artificial sweetener, it doesn't. But don't be afraid, the sweetener aftertaste is mellow and does not last for too long.

Overall this isn't a bad sugar free drink, but I wish I had a sugar free Red Bull to try and compare it to.

Energy

Like the regular one, this one packs 150 mg of caffeine. The effects become obvious in 15 minutes, but the full energy kick does not come in until 20-25 minutes after that. Because this is a sugar free drink, there are no jitters and the kick is sort of smooth.

The boost lasts for a few hours and is surprisingly clean with no crash at the end. Yes, this is not a bad sugar free drink, but I have to compare it to the sugar free Red Bull. I have never actually had one!

Scores:
Cost - $2.99
Taste - 8.9/10
Energy - 7.5/10

Overall - 16.4/20...crisp finish, mellow sweetener taste and a decent kick

No comments:

Post a Comment