Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stay Alert Cinnamon Energy Gum Review


Unlike Stay Alert Arctic Mint there is no cool slogan on this package, just "caffeine supplement". Also for something cinnamon flavored, I was expecting the package to be fiery red or orange, not brown and beige.

Taste

The gum looks identical to the arctic mint one, except for the lack of a nub on side. The gum is large and white in color, just a little thicker than a Mento. I don't know if the gum sat for too long in my caffeine box, but it is very hard, almost like a hard candy. I had to let it sit in my mouth for a minute to soak up some saliva before I was able to start chewing it.

Cracking the gum releases a spicy cinnamon flavour that is just as intense as any strong cinnamon candy or gum. My tongue was on fire within seconds, but I rather enjoyed the flavour as it was much more intense than I originally expected.

Of course, like with many other energy gums, the bitter caffeine taste is present and can be tasted even through the fiery cinnamon. At first, it is easily overwhelmed by the cinnamon taste, but after a few minutes, the cinnamon weakens a bit while the bitterness becomes more prominent. The good thing is that if you follow the chewing instructions, you will spit out the gum after 5 minutes of chewing. This will eliminate the bitterness, but keep some of the cinnamon taste.

Energy

I think that 5 minutes are enough because I did start to get a buzz which manifested itself in the form of a focused mind. Shortly after comes the energy with just a bit of jitters. The kick lasts for well over an hour and it is fairly clean. There is no crash at the end and you still have 4 more pieces to chew.

Scores:
Cost - $2.50
Taste - 8/10
Energy - 7/10 to 10/10

Overall - 15/20 to 18/20...depending on the number of pieces you chew

1 comment:

  1. True I just smoked some herb and Chugged one of these down and I feel chill as f***!

    ReplyDelete