Tuesday, July 5, 2011

AriZona RX Stress Herbal Iced Tea Review


Having tried AriZona's natural energy drink last week, I decided to try their relaxation drink this week. I got the bottle from the local Foodland for $1.

Taste

Tastes a lot like the original iced tea, both earthy and sweet, but it does have a sligLinkhtly bitter finish at the start. After the initial bitterness, a nice, mellow chamomile aftertaste emerges and blends nicely with the rest of the tea flavours. Once you are a few sips deep, the sweetness masks the bitterness nicely. Having said that, the sweetness does build up, which is a bit of a disappointment because when I want to relax with a beverage, I don't want to be in a rush to get to a glass of water and then have to suffer through a bloated period as a result of having consumed a 591 mL beverage and some water on top of that.

Despite the sweetness build up, this is a great tasting AriZona drink with their signature iced tea flavour.

Performance

As expected, this isn't a drink as powerful as other purpose developed anti-energy drinks. Half way through the bottle and 20 minutes later, I started to calm down and experience effects similar to those of drinking a cup of chamomile tea. I was calm, feeling a bit lazy, but not sleepy. The rest of the bottle also didn't put me to sleep or make me sufficiently sleepy, but it did have a very nice calming effect. The one thing I did not like was the sheer volume of this thing - 591 mL before bed or any time you are trying to calm down will send you running for the nearest bathroom.

Scores:
Cost - $1 from Foodland
Taste - 9/10
Performance - 6.5/10

Overall - 15.5/20...great AriZona product that has a very nice calming effect

No comments:

Post a Comment