Monday, June 29, 2015

U Force Sugar Free Energy Drink


I obviously just had to have the sugar free version of the U Force I tried a week ago. I got this from a gas station outside of Quebec City for $2 and I haven't seen this sold in Ontario.

Taste

The regular U Force was a Red Bull clone with a bite. It reminded me of Red Rain. This one smells like a Monster/Red Bull clone with a heavy cough syrup-like presence. The flavor, though, has a lot of bite and makes it hard to identify if this tastes more like a Red Bull or a Monster. I am leaning more towards the Red Bull since there is no cough syrup or candy-like sweetness in the taste. All I can taste is citric acid, maybe a few traces of Red Bull-like flavor and Granny Smith apples near the finish. The finish has a sweetener note, but luckily the citric acid keeps under control for the most parts.

Overall, this energy drink is sour and hard to pinpoint the exact flavor....maybe I shall call this flavor "engineered".

Energy

There are 150 mg of caffeine in the can and the effects are felt within 10 minutes by the way of a slightly jittery alertness. Sitting at the desk, I felt my leg starting to shake a little. Nothing serious as serious as sugary drinks, but still.

In another 20 minutes I was feeling borderline uncomfortably energetic. As in, the energy was halfway between "run around in circles"-type physical and "alert and focused"-type clean energy. Luckily after another 20 minutes the feeling went down a notch and I just felt energized. The kick lasted for around 3 hours and finished mostly without drama.

Scores:
Cost - $2
Taste - 7/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 15/20...engineered flavor resembling Red Bull/Monster mix with a strong citric bite, and a decent kick

No comments:

Post a Comment