Saturday, June 27, 2015

U Force Energy Drink


U Force has been around for as long as I have been running this blog, and maybe even longer. However, the first time I ever heard of these energy drinks and came in contact with them wasn't until just a few weeks ago when I was in Quebec City. I pulled up to get gas on my way out when I found a stash of these for $2 each.

So here is to trying something old!

Taste

To establish a baseline, I am starting off with the regular flavor, which I half expected to be a Red Bull clone and I was pretty bang on when I actually opened the can...or was it?

Yeah, I was mostly right. The regular U Force is a Red Bull clone but its flavor is more similar to Red Rain with an extra citric kick and what seems to be a little less sugar. If you haven't had Red Rain, the taste is very similar, but has less of the candy-sweetness and cough syrup and more of a sour bite. The finish is moderately clean and doesn't leave you with any off-flavors.

Energy

There are 150 mg of caffeine in the can, which is the equivalent of 0.317 mg caffeine/mL. For comparison, a can of Red Bull clocks in at 0.32 mg caffeine/mL. Pretty damn close, eh?

The effects are very similar to drinking a can of Red Bull, except the kick lasts longer since there is almost twice as much caffeine. I got a slight jolt within 10 minutes and just a bit of jitters. In another 20 minutes I was bursting with energy and ready to run around do stuff. The kick lasted for about just over 3 hours and ended without any surprises.

I personally like Red Bull and love Red Rain's extra sour bite so I naturally liked the regular U Force. The price is right too.

Scores:
Cost - $2
Taste - 8.5/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 16.5/20...like Red Bull but with a bite

2 comments:

  1. Hi There! Does ANYONE know who manufactures this energy drink (U Force)? I'm trying to find out because Valero was bought out by Circle K and now I can't find this drink. I'd like to know if the "Low Carb Blue Pomegranate" is being sold under another name. I know that the exact same drink was also sold as "Loop" and as "Nuclear." I'd love to find out where else I can get it!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I haven't seen this in a while. Have you tried contacting the old manufacturer? I have had some good experiences with other manufacturers.

      Delete