Saturday, June 20, 2015

Go Fast! Sports Energy Drink


I don't get it. Is it just Go Fast! or Go Fast! Sports, or Go Fast Sports? The label says Go Fast! Sports, but everywhere I look online it is either Go Fast or Go Fast Sports...even on the company website. Anyways, on to the drink. I bought this and a few of its siblings from a gas station near Montreal. Though the company website says that this is available worldwide, I haven't seen it in Ontario, which is odd because the label is heavy on the English, but also has the French translation...so why isn't it sold here?

Taste

This energy drink looks like a Red Bull on the inside with its yellow/orange color, but the aroma is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Such a mind f...er...twist? I smell everything - chewable Flinstone vitamins, strawberries, cherries, berries, cough syrup, citrus. The flavor is heavy on the chewable vitamins/strawberry/berries with drops of Red Bull and Monster notes here and there. It feels like the company tried making a unique flavor and just tossed in some familiar notes just to make the drinker calm and happy that there is some familiarity here.

The flavor is actually great. It is unique, refreshing and strikes a nice balance between sweetness, sourness and the actual flavors. Wow...where has this been my whole life? I am hooked.

Energy

Though the label makes you believe there is tons of energy in the can, don't be fooled into thinking that it is all caffeine. The caffeine is only 150 mg, but there are lots of other added herbs, roots and vitamins that are supposed to pep you up.

I felt awake and focused without any jitters within 15 minutes. Shortly after I was feeling super energized, but still focused. I think the blend of active ingredients helps keep things under control, yet give you sufficient energy to get physical. Within another 20 minutes I was at the peak and stayed there for about 3-4 hours and came down without crashing. Excellent kick!

Overall, I was very impressed by this energy drink. The taste is unique and the energy is well balanced, yet there is plenty of it. Will buy again when in Montreal.

Scores:
Cost - $2.59
Taste - 9/10
Energy - 8.8/10

Overall - 17.8/20...cheap, great flavor, excellent kick

No comments:

Post a Comment