Saturday, October 3, 2015

Rockstar Boom Energy Whipped Strawberry


Why is this called Boom Energy? I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me? I am sure it is something so simple that I can't even see it.

Anyways, I got a few of these cans when I was passing through Michigan last weekend. I stopped at a Target a minute after it opened somewhere in Troy, I believe. Luckily all the cool energy drinks there were right next to the cash register because I definitely needed some caffeine after the long drive and little sleep. I can't recall how much these were, but they were on sale if you were to buy 2.

Taste

The most incredible aroma filled the car when I opened this drink. Even my nieces in the back could smell the fresh strawberries and cream. Amazing! This is one of those things you just have to try. The flavor is like a mix of Mountain Dew/Coke, followed by strawberries with sweet cream near the finish. Very odd combo, but it works! The soft drink start makes you think you are chugging a manly energy drink, but the rich strawberry flavor gives something to get excited about. The cream comes at the end and lingers well into the finish giving you the sensation of just having finished a bowl of fruits with whipped cream. Yes, there is a bit of sweetness that sticks with you, but each sip does a great job at cleansing the palate at first before introducing more of the sweet strawberries and cream. Very smart!

Amazing! This drink has so many layers and I finished each can (I had a few this week) very quickly. Buy it!

Energy

The standard 160 mg of caffeine is present here and very well hidden with the sweet flavors. The kick comes in very fast. The initial few sips that are heavy on the odd Mountain Dew/Coke combo always woke me right up while the sugar gave me a bit of a rush and a shaky leg. The caffeine kicks in around the 30 minute mark and it is powerful! Each time I had one of these I felt great for hours and did not experience a crash. But I always warn readers that if they were to have this later on in the day, a crash may occur since you might be running low on stored energy.

Scores:
Cost - $2 I want to guess
Taste - 9.5/10
Energy - 8.2/10

Overall - 17.7/20...unique layered flavors with an excellent kick - buy it!

P.S. there is actual milk in this energy drink in case you are wondering

2 comments:

  1. Agreed. This stuff is legit. I'm a little late to the party but these just recently showed up at the Speedway near me in Massachusetts. The strawberry is better than the orange in my opinion. The orange has an orange creamsicle taste that, while pleasant, left me a bit disappointed as it tastes watered down compared to the strawberry version. The closest thing I can compare the Whipped Strawberry to is a strawberry daiquiri. It's lightly carbonated and not milky at all, considering it contains skim milk and cream (I believe?). Though the beverage itself is somewhat 'murky' signifying the presence of dairy. All in all one of the best energy drinks I've had to date and is, for now at least, my go to energy drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tasted coke, strawberry & cream when I tried this.

    ReplyDelete