Saturday, November 28, 2015

Guayaki Yerba Mate Revel Berry Energy Drink Review


After years of searching for this Guayaki flavor, I finally got a can. My good friends at Pacific Bottleworks hooked me up with it and I want to thank them very much.

Taste

True to its label, this mate has a strong mixed berry aroma with notes of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and maybe even a little bit of cranberries? There is also an earthen, musky undertone that tells you that what you are about to drink contains tea.

The taste is different, though. The yerba mate is predominant at the start while the berries are there to compliment the main character, jumping out here and there. Some tartness quickly builds up halfway through each sip and the berries take over for a brief moment right before the finish. The finish is dry and mostly earthy with some lingering berry notes.

If you don't like earthy tones or yerba mate, this may not be for you. I liked it, though. I am a fan of yerba mate and do have a gourd at home that I use from time to time.

Energy

Like all the other Guayaki drinks, this can contains 150 mg of naturally occurring caffeine. The effects jitter-free and semi-quick. I felt pepped up, yet focused within 10-15 minutes for about 20 minutes. Then I was still somewhat focused, but also had enough energy to run around if I wanted to.

The effects last for a few hours and there is no crash at the end. This is another great Guayaki product. Love these guys and I am very happy that they are a little more easy to find now in Toronto.

Scores:
Cost - unsure, but I would guess between $3 and $4
Taste - 9/10
Energy - 8.4/10

Overall - 17.4/20...earthy with hints of berries and a very nice kick

No comments:

Post a Comment