Thursday, December 24, 2015

V8 Fusion Energy Black Cherry


I picked up a 6 pack of these from a Target when I was passing through Michigan not too long ago for $5.99. I only wish these were available in Canada. Come on Campbells, bring them over!

Taste

This energy drink looks like a blend of red pure and freshly pressed juice. It smells amazing and tastes even better. The mouthfeel is on the medium thick side since 50% of this energy drink is pure juice. The taste is one solid flavor all throughout - fresh, ripe, tart black cherries! I don't usually like cherry-flavored beverages as they remind me too much of cough syrups, but this tastes like freshly picked cherries, which is much, much better.

The aftertaste is refreshing with long-lasting tart cherry skin notes. Best V8 I have yet to date! Strongly recommended.

Energy

There are 80 mg of caffeine and the effects start to creep in fairly quickly. I almost got jittery, but the drink is good enough to not get you to this point. If you are caffeine sensitive, you might experience a case of the jitters, but if you are used to pounding back Red Bulls and Monsters, then jitters shouldn't affect you.

Once the caffeine kicked in, I felt focused for 30-40 mins and energized for almost a couple of hours. No crash at the end!!!

Scores:
Cost - $5.99 for a 6 pack
Taste - 10/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 16/20...best V8 and one of the best energy drinks I have had. Strongly recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment