Saturday, September 9, 2017

La Colombe Draft Latte


I had some work in the US not too long ago and on the way out I stopped at a Target...and it was awesome. In Canada, it is a huge thing when a new energy drink comes out, but it seems like there is a constant trickle of products south of the border (the Canadian border that is) La Colombe is a brand that is completely new to me so I picked up as many of their products as I could fine. The Draft Latte is the first of the reviews.

Taste

First off, I love the silky smooth texture, color, and frothy top of this beverage. The aroma is nothing to write home about as it resembles any other canned latte/coffee. But the flavor...oh boy! I was expecting a sugary iced coffee, but instead I got a latte with barely any sugar in it. I was not prepared. This taste like something you would get in a coffee shop that knows what they are doing - a shot (actually should be 2) of espresso with steamed milk and no added sugar. There is a hint of sweetness, though. And there are 11 grams of sugar in the can, but there is no actual added sugar so it must come from one of the primary ingredients.

The actual coffee flavor is great too. It is light and smooth and doesn't hit you until the very end. Up until then the flavors are balanced well with the milk. This is great!

Energy

There are 120 mg of "natural caffeine" in the can. I think the company really wants to make sure the consumers knows that there are no chemical additions that boost the caffeine levels.

The effects are like with any latte with little no to sugar. The kick comes in later but there are no jitters or a crash and you get a nice buzz for at least an hour and a half to two hours.

Scores:
Cost - $2.79
Taste - 9/10
Energy - 7/10

Overall - 16/20...one of the better canned coffees on the market

No comments:

Post a Comment