Saturday, November 11, 2017

Rockstar Blackout Review


I got this Rockstar Blackout from a Target when I was visiting the US. Unfortunately this is not sold in Canada. Edit - as of 2018, this can be also found in Canada.

Taste

This smells and looks like a regular Rockstar and it tastes almost like one too. I found this one to be a bit creamier with a rounder, candy-like sweetness profile. The finish also has a sour twist giving the aftertaste some crispness.

Energy

There are 160 mg of caffeine making this a fairly standard energy drink in every way. I got a sugary buzz/jitters within 10-15 minutes of drinking it and within another 20 or so minutes I was wired and ready to run around. The buzz lasted for just over 2 hours and I did not experience a crash because I did have plenty of sleep and consumed this first thing in the morning.

Scores:
Cost - $2.89
Taste - 7.5/10
Energy - 8.8/10

Overall - 16.3/20...pretty average, maybe a touch better than the regular Rockstar

No comments:

Post a Comment