Sunday, February 25, 2018

Rockstar Revolt Killer Black Cherry


This is another Rockstar I picked up from the US. As of this post, the only Revolt flavors available in Canada are Killer Citrus and Killer Grape.

Taste

Right off the bat, this is unlike anything else I have seen. The color of this energy drink is so intensely purple and red that it resembles a dark red wine than a cherry flavored energy drink. The aroma is also unique with deep jammy notes of cherry skins and ripe flesh. Amazing!

But then the flavor snaps me back to reality and realigns this beverage with my preconceived expectations. Unfortunately the flavor is a much sweeter version of a regular cherry energy drink without much of the lushness the aroma hinted at. Yes, there is a note of cherry skins somewhere, but it gets easily lost beneath the sugary profile. And speaking of sugary profile, the sweetness builds up very quickly and a quarter of a can I was in search of a water source to cleanse my palate. Oh boy...

Energy

There are 240 mg of caffeine and 68 grams of sugar in this can. Both of these will give you a very nice kick that will last for a few hours but will come with a crash. I had this first thing in the morning so my crash was a mild one, but if you were to have this later on in the day, be ready to feels its after-effects.

Scores:
Cost - $3.29
Taste - 6/10
Energy - 9/10

Overall - 15/20...sugary and messy but comes with a potent kick

No comments:

Post a Comment