Friday, August 14, 2009

Chaotic Fearocity Review


After the big Chaotic surprise yesterday, read all about it here, I went home in a hurry, got in my car and drove to the nearest 7-11 to buy all the Chaotic flavors they had. The only other flavors the store had were fearocity (no, it doesn't taste like fear) and elixir of tenacity. I rushed back home to rip the labels off and see what was underneath. Sadly, no Awake Energy was found under the Chaotic label, just plain, aluminum, cans (check out the photo below). I can't let those ripped up cans go to waste so I will try them over the next couple of days and post my thoughts on them.

Today, as I am sure you have figured out, is time for Chaotic Fearocity, the drink that is said to taste like kiwi melon-sour. It does smell a lot like kiwi and gummy bears. Hm, it is more drinkable than Chaotic Mind Strike...a lot more drinkable. In fact, it tastes pretty good. It is not as sweet as I expected it to be, which is a great thing for me since I don't enjoy sweet drinks. On the down side, it is not as sour as I was expecting it to be. I was expecting a lot of citric acid and,
wait a minute, the back of the label says this drink contains spinach extract for natural flavour. Now hold on Chaotic, are you trying to make kids healthy? Don't be alarmed, you cannot taste the spinach at all. What other things are there in this flavor? Well, there is green tea extract, yerba mate extract, guarana seed extract, taurine, ginseng extract and some vitamins. Not bad, not bad at all. I just wish you could taste the melon a bit more and that the drink was a bit more sour. Chaotic, you promised me a sour drink...where is it? Last, but not least, the aftertaste. The aftertaste is refreshing and surprisingly clean.

Again this flavor does not list the amount of caffeine, but I expect some to be present because there is yerba mate, green tea and guarana extracts. I didn't get much of a boost and that is maybe because this drink is labelled as a vitamin suppliment rather than an energy drink.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD
Taste - 7.9/10
Energy - 6.1/10

Overall - 14/20...this one is much better tasting than the Mind Strike one

Check out the other Chaotic drinks I have tried:

No comments:

Post a Comment