Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Lost Energy Drink Review


I have been avoiding Lost on the basis of cheesiness for the longest time. But today, when this was the last energy drink in the fridge of the local convenience store, I had to suck it up and get it. Why was I avoiding this? Just look at the label. It's like someone jumped on the non-conformity wagon a little too late. I think this would have worked like 10 years ago, but now it is all about clean, minimalistic labels. Just take a look at effect. Let me just write some of the
sayings I found on the can - "You're being lied to", "Tear down your idols", "THE system is down", "Search and destroy". Wasn't that great? What about the pin-up girls of the skater cut outs? It literally took me at least 2 minutes before I figured out all the crap on the can. Bravo Lost, bravo.

Now, I shall open the can and try it. I am a bit scared to at this point as I am half expecting this to taste like water, citric acid, some coloring and that generic cough syrup taste. Are you serious? This tastes exactly like Monster. According to wikipedia, this drink is based on Monster Energy, made by the same company for Lost Enterprises. Based on? It's more a change of clothes...label in this case. It costs the same too, so why does this even exist? The regular Monster was even on the same shelf. I am extremely disappointed. I would rather buy Monster than this poser. There is no point to discuss the caffeine content because it is the same as Monster - 160 mg.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD
Taste - 5.9/10
Energy - 7.5/10

Overall - 11/20...I had to take some points off for being screwed by the MAN pushing outdated slogans

No comments:

Post a Comment