Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Red Rain Mocha Cappuccino Review


I went again to the local 7-11 and got some new energy drinks. I noticed that they had the entire line of Red Rain for $1.99 CAD each. I picked up the cappuccino one for today, but I will probably go back and purchase the rest. The top of this can is just as dirty as the tops of the Inked ones, which leads me to believe that it is just the store that is dirty, not the distributor's warehouse.

When I bought this I was half expecting it to be an iced coffee with more caffeine than usual. What it is, in fact, is a coffee soda like the President's Choice ones you can get from LobLaws or Zehrs, and is just as carbonated. It smells pretty good, like sweetened, light roasted coffee and it tastes a bit like one too. Hmmmm, this is a very weird tasting drink, which I think may not find its place on the market. The immediate taste is that of extremely watered down Red Rain (or shall I say Red Bull?), the taste that comes about a second into drinking the beverage is that of watered down sweetened coffee. Since the regular Red Rain has been probably used as a base for this, the drink tastes a bit sour. The immediate aftertaste is similar to drinking both Red Rain (Red Bull) and light coffee one after the other. Wait for a few minutes after drinking the two and
this is what the Red Rain Mocha Cappuccino aftertaste is like. Again, this is a very weird drink, I don't dislike it, but I cannot say that I enjoy it.

The caffeine content is standard for a can this size - 80 mg. It gave a decent boost in the morning, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99 CAD
Taste - 6.2/10...those who enjoy coffee soda might like the taste, but I can't say that I do
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 12.2/20...meh

No comments:

Post a Comment