Tuesday, September 1, 2009

ZizZazz Pom Mango Energy Drink Powder Review


Today I am trying something new - an energy drink powder. I picked this up at 7-11 for $1.99 per package. There were 3 or 4 different flavours to pick from and I got the Pom Mango, which I believe stands for pomegranate & mango. Each pack contains 7 g of the powder and is suggested that you use 3.5 g at a time and mix it with 12 to 16 oz of water, which for 99% of the people should read 355 mL to 473 mL. At the end of the directions it says for maximum results use all 7 g at once. The whole pack is said to contain 200 mg of caffeine so I am thinking if you want to experience the same boost as other 473 mL energy drinks, use the whole package. I first tried using the suggested dose of 3.5 g and dissolved it in 360 mL of water. Check out the photo I took of the mixture.


Doesn't look like mango to me, more like pomegranate. I had to stir the powder for a good minute before most of it was dissolved. There was still some left at the top, but that dissolved completely after I let it sit for about 5 minutes. Now how does an energy drink powder taste? Tastes like any other drink powder you buy an a grocery store, seriously. The concoction is sweet. It has that sharp artificial sweetener taste. The recommended dose is actually really bland. I should have used the whole package. There is a faint pomegranate taste and a very distant mango taste. Unless you swish a mouthful of the beverage and really concentrate, you will not taste the mango. The aftertaste is very clean, just like after drinking water...or it would have been just like after drinking water if it wasn't for the artificial sweetener taste. That is the only thing you will be tasting for a very long time. There is also a faint aftertaste of some mystical fruits, but nothing too distinguishable since the sweetener overpowers everything.

I should have used the whole pack, not half. A hundred mg is enough to wake you up in the morning or pick you up in the afternoon, but not enough to send you flying for a couple of hours. I suggest you use the whole package. That way the flavour might even be stronger...that or the artificial sweetener taste will be even stronger and more overpowering that it already is.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99 CAD per 7 g package
Taste - 5.8/10...based on using half the package
Energy - 6.8/10...using half the package

Overall - 12.6/20...try the whole package and let me know how it is

No comments:

Post a Comment