Tuesday, September 1, 2009

treehugger Premium Organic Orange Juice Review


I went to the local IGA today to see what new and exciting local beverages they have. The last time I was there they were selling bottled water in corn starch bottles. I am not one to buy bottled water, but I just wanted to snatch a bottle and watch it decompose over the next several months. Well guess what, they didn’t have any in stock and I was forced to look for something else. I saw a shelf with a few different kinds of treehugger organic juices. Right away I thought that treehugger started selling organic juices, but the bottle had nothing that can link the juice to the blog. A bit disappointed I decided to buy it out of curiosity. It costs $2.99 CAD and for that much you can easily buy a whole carton of orange juice…and for an extra $1-$2 you can have a whole carton of delicious Tropicana.

Well I cannot taste anything spectacular. It tastes like a plain Minute Maid orange juice to me. Taste-wise it cannot even compare to Tropicana. The back of the label does state that this is nothing more than concentrated organic orange juice with some water. I wouldn’t say the orange juice is completely disappointing, just not worth the $2.99 CAD. It doesn’t taste bad, it just doesn’t taste as good as Tropicana. I really don’t care if it is organic or not, all I care about is the taste. I am not sure if it is the manufacturer who sells the juice to IGA for that much or if it is IGA who raise the price. If you know anything about this let me know. For now, I say it is too expensive for what it is.

Scores:
Cost - $2.99 CAD
Taste - 7.0/10...I like orange juice, but this is just average

Overall 7.0/10...nothing you are missing out on

No comments:

Post a Comment