Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hype MFP Energy Drink Review


Today I am going for something with a bit less caffeine. When I was at the convenience store I was debating between the small Hype MFP and the Hype MFP X2, which is basically Hype MFP in a 473 mL can. The small can cost me $1.99 CAD, which is a bit more expensive than a can of Red Rain.

This energy drink has the generic Red Bull smell and color. The taste is almost the same with the exception of level of sourness. This is far more sour than Red Bull and Red Rain and I like that. There is absolutely no sweetness build up as I sometimes get from drinking a large can of Red Bull. The extra citric acid helps make the finish and aftertaste clean. My tongue also felt extremely clean which made my mouth feel fresh and clean for quite some time. If you like Red Bull and Red Rain, then you will definitely love this one.

As most other energy drinks that come in 250 mL cans, this one also contains only 80 mg of caffeine. That is all I really needed as I had enough sleep and just wanted to satisfy my caffeine addiction. The 80 mg of caffeine don't do much for me anymore, but offer an energized feeling for an hour or so. There was no gradual build up of energy, I reached that elevated feeling in an instant because I drank the entire can almost at once. I didn't experience a crash with this one.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99 CAD
Taste - 9/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 15/20...the extra citric acid really helps the flavour

No comments:

Post a Comment