Monday, November 16, 2009

Red Bull Cola Review


I was walking around the neighborhood, looking for new energy drinks, killing time during lunch, when I came across some cans of Red Bull Cola. I have heard of it before, but have never seen it. To my surprise, it was the local convenience store that had the drinks. They were selling both sizes - 250 mL cans and 355 mL cans. The little ones were 2 for $4 CAD while the large ones 2 for $5.

The drink is very carbonated and has a mild vanilla/cinnamon smell and taste. It is a bit spicy with a slight lemon taste. The mouth feel is pleasant without any sugar build up. The long term aftertaste is of lemons. My mouth was dry 10 minutes after finishing the drink.

There is no indication of the amount of caffeine present in the drink, but whatever it is, it comes from coffee beans. I felt the drink kick in, but it provided just enough energy for me not to fall asleep. I assume if I had consumed the 2 drinks I bought, I would have felt much better. Don't buy this if you are looking for energy, go for the Red Bull.

Scores:
cost - 2 for $4 CAD for the 250 mL cans, or 2 for $5 for the larger ones
Taste - 7.8/10
Energy - 5/10

Overall - 12.8/20...not a bad taste, but does not provide a sufficient kick to consider this a serious energy drink

No comments:

Post a Comment