Saturday, February 6, 2010

Rip It Energy Fuel Citrus X Review


I like Rip it. I like the low $1.99 price and I liked Rip It Power. I went again to the place where I bought the first 3 Rip It drinks to find that they have started selling a 4th one - Citrus X. The cans were a bit banged up, but I still picked up one.

The drink has a very NOS-like appearance with its cloudy and bright orange nature. The taste is nothing groundbreaking or unique, but refreshing enough. It is a combination of strong artificial orange taste in the beginning with a splash of tangerine at the end and absolutely no medicinal taste or bitterness. The flavour is nowhere as intense as some other citrus energy drinks and it actually tastes a bit watered down. On the plus side, the sugar build-up is not as bad as with other energy drinks thanks to the watery flavour.

Like the previous Rip It energy drinks, the can contains 200 mg of caffeine plus some from the guarana. I felt the effects of the caffeine within 15-20 minutes when my brain started to wake up and my body was experiencing a slight case of the jitters. Fortunately the jitters did not last very long. The energy drink kept me going for quite some time - 3 to 4 hours and I did not experience a crash at the end. Pretty solid performance.

Scores:
Cost - $1.99 CAD for a 473 mL can
Taste - 7.5/10
Energy - 8/10

Overall - 15.5/20...great energy drink without a medicinal or bitter taste at a low price

No comments:

Post a Comment