Monday, April 5, 2010

BaBoom Energy Spray Review


Today I am trying something different, an energy spray I picked up from 7-11 for $4.99. Five dollars sounded like a lot of money but when I checked out the online store on BaBoom's website, I was happy to discover that the price online is $6.99.

Don't let the container fool you, the spray is not as big. The bottle resembles breath sprays only it comes in a screaming red color with a red cap. There is not much else to the spray bottle.

The manufacturer recommends using the energy spray 5 sprays at a time with the bottle containing enough liquid to last 150 sprays. I don't feel like wasting my $5 all at once so I cannot confirm that this number is correct. I will only assume that the actual number falls within the 150 shots. The spray does not taste bad. It tastes like a not so tasty energy shot only that once the liquid reaches the tongue and the throat it does not instantly turn bitter or soapy. Since each set of sprays - 5 burst in total, contain only 1.3 calories, the taste is like a sugar free drink. The label says that the flavour is watermelon/orange but what I tasted mostly was the orange part. There is a faint sweet taste which might resemble that of watermelon, but I cannot say for sure. The aftertaste is nothing impressive and the only good thing I can say about it is that it is not foul, bitter or disgusting in any way. Perhaps for the next flavour release, I would strongly recommend peppermint or spearmint so this energy spray can double as a breath spray.

The label says nothing about the amount of caffeine present in each spray, but I can say that it is not too much since 5 is the suggested number of sprays. With 5 sprays I did get a buzz after only 10 minutes, but I also got an elevated heart rate, which is something I have only gotten after drinking a can of Rage Wrath. The buzz does not last a long time - 40 or so minutes. But when you have 150 shots at your disposal, this isn't much of an issue. I like the quick delivery, but perhaps a bit more caffeine can be added.

Medicinal Ingredients: vitamin B3, vitamin B6, taurine, caffeine.

Non-Medicinal Ingredients: water, glucose, glycerin, artificial flavours, sodium benzoate, propylene glycol, ascorbic acid, saccharin sodium, sodium glycocholate, sodium lauryl sulfate.

Scores:
Cost - $4.99 per spray
Taste - 6/10
Energy - 6/10

Overall - 12/20...not bad for something so unique

No comments:

Post a Comment